Wednesday, December 3, 2008

my oldest grandchild is 7!


McKenna turned 7 on Thanksgiving this year. She had a birthday party with 12 little girls at her House. Erica had it sooo cute. There was a RED runway with lights up and down it. The girls had their nails and hair and makeup done and then they "walked the runway" and did a pose or dance. There were not any shy girls. They had a blast being in the spot light.
We had Thanksgiving at my brother Mark's house this year. There were only 19 of us. Erica went to Kirk's family and my mom went to Utah with Jenny and Kerry. So it was quiet and a little out of sorts but still nice. I guess it shows you how much we like tradition and doing the same each year. We have been spoiled... Well everyone will be here this Christmas. Lindsie and Shawn and Owen fly on the 23rd and stay a week. Jenny and her kids are coming and it's going to be great. I am having the "Christmas Eve" dinner here (scarry!!) It is the "less is more" year and Everyone seems to be more than good with it. Wouldn't it be nice if things just got simple again? I'm so thankful for my family and for the Gospel. It just takes away so much fear. I love how Pres. Monson said "Faith and Fear cannot exist in the same mind at the same time; for one will dispel the other".

1 comment:

Michelle said...

She is so grown up and so adorable. I bet your so proud of her.