Friday, October 10, 2008










Family Disney Vacation....it was the best of times and for a brief while the worst of times



I have to say that we had the best time being together and I'll get to that. I'm not usually long winded on my blog, but today I would like the share first the part of the trip that impacted me the most. I don't mean to sound negative because in the end it was a positive. I know Erica has given her take on her blog....this is from a grandmother's point of view. As it was late in the afternoon and the park was getting extra busy, we were just gathering together after being on the Indiana Jones ride in Frontier Land. All of the sudden we couldn't find Tanner. Kirk and Erica and others immediately started looking in different directions. I was standing with Erica's stroller with Emmerson, Avery and McKenna. I couldn't run around and look with the rest. I was trying to reassure McKenna. A nice young hispanic mom was sitting close to us. She said she saw him at the tree only a moment ago. She saw that we were very upset and getting more so by the moment. It was extremely scary. I heard all around me people asking what was wrong and many saw Erica break down crying not knowing what to do for a brief moment. Well as I stood by the stroller trying not to panic and with tears streaming down my face, I heard this mom that I was talking to say "what is his name?" I said "Tanner" and everyone around me as they were listening (it spread through the crowd like wild fire) started yelling as loud as they could "TANNER, TANNER, TANNER!!!!. Everyone stopped to help and I mean everyone. They were all of them so concerned. Security had been notified when a woman had noticed Tanner walking and looking lost. She took him in a store and stayed with him until Kirk found him in the store. Tanner was scared as was Kirk. Tanner did nothing wrong. He just got carried by the " sea of moving people". When Kirk brought him back to where we all were, well you can imagine, the pure relief and Joy we all felt. I thanked those around us that had stayed to help. Many cried along with us who wanted to see for themselves this little boy back with his family. At the end one man said "well that was more addrenaline than any ride I've been on"...we all needed a laugh. It restored my belief in the "goodness of people". It just stood out so much and while we were walking back to the hotel I just started bawling and quietly thanking the Lord for this tender mercy. There are many lessons to be learned from this, and for me the unity and power of FAMILIES and the basic goodness of man is paramount.

No comments: